Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all that read this. I encourage you to pray for all of the troops in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere who are away from their families this Thanksgiving. I pray that they will have some time to enjoy a decent meal and a little peace on this day. These are a few things I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for my precious wife, who is already preparing herself for when I leave. I'm thankful for the life she is carrying in her womb. I'm thankful for all of the people in the military, who are fighting for our freedom. I'm thankful for the guys, my brothers, who I will have the honor of going back to Iraq with. I'm thankful for the opportunity to help the Iraqi people in their quest for freedom. I'm thankful for our great country, and it's willingness to bring hope and freedom to others. I'm thankful for the opportunity to fight against the terrorists that oppose freedom and our way of life. I'm thankful for the spirit and resolve of American fighting men and women, the spirit will never be broken or defeated. Take care and God bless.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael,
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers, as well as, our troops fighting for freedom.

My nephew "Sgt Michael Owen" gave the ultimate sacrafice on Oct 15th 2004 in Iraq. I am so proud of him all who are serving for the cause. I have found a common thread amoungst our troops and it comes from a famous quote.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Our troops are leaving a trail of hope, inspiration and most of all freedom for mankind, not only on foriegn soil but here at home.

We will pray you in silence, when we speak your names and most of all today when we are giving thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving

Gary Owen - Tempe, AZ

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home