Sunday, November 14, 2004

Note about Operational Security

Operational security is very important in our line of work. Even if I didn't think it was, my superiors definitely do. Because of that, and to ease their minds should they stumble upon this little blog, I will never write about anything that I feel will in any way aid the enemy. I will do my best to describe to you the daily experiences of an infantrymen in detail. Combat is one thing, but what so many people tend to forget about, or be unable to relate to, is the daily grind of an infantrymen, especially one deployed to a hostile environment. As of right now, I have no idea of the exact date we are leaving(I wouldn't tell if I did), what our living conditions will be, or what kind of operations we will be conducting. I'm not even sure if I will have access to an internet connection in order to continue this little diary. We have been told we will, but I will believe it when I see it.
On a personal note, besides not wanting to leave my pregnant wife for a year, I am eager to return to Iraq and continue the fight against terrorists. Unlike what you may have heard from the media, there are a lot of guys that are looking forward to again getting in the fight. I was part of the initial invasion into Iraq, but in a lot of ways, I think that was easier than what we are currently doing. Combat is an ugly, surreal, unnatural, and exhilirating experience. Something that most people should hope to never experience, but something I find myself mysteriously longing for. I pray that this doesn't come back to haunt me. Just for the record, I support everything we are doing in Iraq and believe that the only way to defeat terrorism is to pick a fight with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home