Tuesday, November 23, 2004

I Need Camera Advice

Here's my problem. I want to take a digital camcorder with me to Iraq to record some of my adventures, but I don't have enough experience with them to know which one to choose. So, anybody out there with some knowledge about camcorders please drop me a line. Also, if I do have internet access over there, I might be able to post some of the videos for people to view. Next question, does anyone have an idea of any website that lets you post small videos for free?
By the way, if any of you do your Christmas shopping online, I have a link to Amazon on the right, that will give me a small commission on any sales. Any commissions will come in the form of a gift certificate that would no doubt come in handy for me and my buddies during the deployment. Thanks

1 Comments:

Blogger max said...

Been there, done that. You're probably better off with a camera that takes movies. Most have good resolution and unlimted recording (up to the card limit). They record in MPEG format, which means you won't have to have any special software to post them or view them. My wife and I sent videos back and forth a lot that way. It is as simple as spending the cash for a 1GB card or stick, and you'll be able to record plenty. If you want a camcorder, sony makes some good ones that are small (I have DRC-700 I think) and record to both tape and memory stick.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home