Saturday, November 20, 2004

Mudville Gazette

Greyhawk, over at The Mudville Gazette was kind enough to post a link to my blog. If you get the chance, I highly recommend you take the time to read his blog. It's very informative, with lots of information on what's going on in Iraq. It also highlights a lot of military blogs, most of which are far more entertaining that this one. Not trying to sound self-deprecating or humble, just telling the truth.
Nothing much exciting happened today, other that some more packing of equipment. We packed up some tents and cots for use when we're taking over operations at our FOB(forward operation base), and waiting for the unit we're relieving to move out. We did get our official orders for deployment today, and we are in fact leaving sometime in January. Our FOB would best be described as an outpost. No luxuries to be had there, such is the life of an infantryman. I just hope I have easy internet access while I'm there, so I can continue to write on here. I was also looking forward to living in a trailor with only three other people, but now it looks as if there will be a lot more of us living and sleeping under the same roof. I guess our living conditions aren't a top priority, since we will be patrolling the majority of the time anyway. Non-combat units always get the better living conditions, which is how it should be, although there is no such thing as a non-combat unit currently serving in Iraq. Whatever our living conditions, we'll get used to it as we always do.


3 Comments:

Blogger 1flpete said...

i wish you the best of luck. I wish I could join you( they think I'm to old)I will folow your adventure.Stay safe,God bless.

6:35 PM  
Blogger 1flpete said...

i wish you the best of luck. I wish I could join you( they think I'm to old)I will folow your adventure.Stay safe,God bless.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm one of the ones following the Mudville link (is that called a Mudlanche??) Hope you are safe while in Iraq and I second the suggestion for you to sign up yourself or your unit via anysoldier.com or booksforsoldiers.com. Also, would you consider increasing your font size just abit? Squinting 3inches away from my monitor to read your posts have given me a headache...But I'll still continue reading your blog!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home