Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happy Easter

Easter in Iraq, can't beat it. My Easter consists of sitting on guard for hours and hours. I pray that Jesus will forgive me for my attitude on the day we celebrate his resurrection.

I am beyond frustrated at how inconsiderate one of my roommate's can be. I get two and a half hours of sleep last night, come in for my four hours off, and can't get any sleep because he insists on watching his DVD player at a ridiculous volume.

God, give me the patience to get through this year. I could feel the rage building within me as I sat there trying to go to sleep. I finally had to leave before I said or did anything I might regret later. Jesus, I am sorry, forgive me, and give me the grace that you displayed when you died on the cross.

God, please allow my roommate's to soon come to the realization that there exists in this world a thing called earphones. I pray that the rage in me will subside, so I can go back on guard without the intense desire to kill a passing motorist that insists on beeping his damn horn for all to hear.

If there are any terrorists out and about today, I pray that you will bring them my way, so that I can rain down lead on their head. God forgive me.

8 Comments:

Blogger Papa Ray said...

Well, you can always get him a nice headset and leave it on his bunk with a note that says "Please enjoy the use of these, from your buddies with love".

Or not.

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

8:29 AM  
Blogger Chevy Rose said...

Chill out, "WWJD" today? Sleep will come later.
Stay safe. Happy Easter.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That you can recognize the rage is a good thing. Where you go from here is up to you. Some folks need some extra help from here. Either way, you'll live with the results.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Maggie Goff said...

I agree with Papa Ray. Get the guy a headset. And thank you(and him) very much for your service.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Yarbz said...

Sounds like this DVD guy could use a little team blanket party...

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an excellent story of the conflicting emotions that human beings constantly feel about the experiences life throws at them. I hope you'll find a way to publish your stories when you are home. This story is pure gold.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't you just tell him to switch the f*** that thing off because you need to get some f**** sleep ?

Wax earplugs might help you in this kind of situation. That and a sleep mask, the kind they give you airplanes. I use both all the time because I work at night and sleep in the day. If I had you address I'd have sent you some of both.

Goodluck and thanks for a great blog.

Phil, London.

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i find it strangely beautiful, the anger and the guilt. the interesting thing about this post, you have already been forgiven before you even wrote it.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home