Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Back in Kuwait

Wonderful Kuwait, my favorite place in the world. I would pay large sums of money to go up to Iraq right now. This is my fourth different time in Kuwait, and while the amenities have gotten a lot better, it doesn't change the fact that is sucks. I'm at Camp Buerhing along with the rest of the 3rd Infantry Division. This desolate piece of desert in the middle of nowhere has become a small city complete with roads, restaurants, airport, water tower, homes, showers, bathrooms, and any other thing that you might imagine. The only thing is it takes forever to do anything since around 10,000 other soldiers are trying to do the same thing. You should see the chow hall. It's a maze of tents, trailors, and other manufactured buildings. Once getting inside, you are herded like cattle through this maze until a room is empty enough to sit down. It never fails to hear someone making the mooing sound as we are walking through. The chows not bad though which is a plus.
My time is about to be cut off on here because I only paid five dollars to have an hour of time, most of which was spent emailing my wife and family. The free internet is great, you only have to wait a couple of hours in line for a whole twenty minutes of internet time. What else? Showers are okay, I've had some luke warm ones and some ice cold ones. Toilets are great if you enjoy goint to a port-a-john. It always amazes me that people have the time or the desire to write on the walls of these things. I regret to say that these writings are somewhat entertaining when you lack other reading material. The manufacturer of these wonderful boxes of waste actually take there time to put there website on the door. If you would like to visit them it's www.polyjohn.com . At least I think that's what it is. I only have a few more minutes. Anyway, Iwish I could be in Iraq for the elections but it looks like my unit isn't getting up there until afterwards. I really wanted to be up there for what I think is going to be a historic occasion. Gotta go before my time runs out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

lol about the portjohns! I should email them and tell them to make those things child accessable...I would have never looked, besides when holding your kids bum over one of those things, your back is facing the door.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Em said...

im having so much fun reading through these posts. I will be putting up a link soon.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home