Friday, December 31, 2004

Happy New Year

I want to wish those deployed away from home a happy new year. If anyone deployed is reading this, I hope you can find something fun and peaceful to entertain you this new year. Happy new year to anyone else reading this as well. I always thought New Years was kind of overrated, but at least I'm home and able to enjoy time with family. I apologize for not posting much since Christmas. I've been busy trying to spend as much time with my wife and family as I can before I leave. I only have three weeks left and it seems to be flying by. My wife is doing a good job of not showing her sadness during these weeks leading up to my departure. I can't imagine what she and my mom and other family members must feel about my deployment. I sometimes think I have it easier than they do. I don't want to leave them, but I'm looking forward to going back. I'm not looking forward to the week or two of preparation in Kuwait. I have to say I can't stand Kuwait. I wish we could just fly right in to Iraq and get started, but the big green machine isn't quite that agile.

I read this from Blackfive today. I think it's ridiculous when the army feels like it much shut down a blog, especially one that is supportive of what we are trying to do over there and doesn't violate opsec. It will be interesting to see if I can keep this going when I get back over there. The chance of that happening is one of the reasons I never mention my name. Thanks for all the kind emails.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael....Glad you are having a good time while home. Just wanted to say thanks to you and all others out there doing the Hard work that those before us have done to maintain our freedom. Much appreciated. Also, I was the one that responded to your hopes of finding someone to post your videos. Did you get the comments I sent to your yahoo mail?...
Anyways, my site is http://www.portcityunderground.com/ and Id be happy to post them for you...you can contact me through the page if you like.
Thanks and Stay Safe.
Scott

3:26 PM  
Blogger Wittysexkitten said...

Glad you got to enjoy your New Years with your family and best of luck in your deployment.

10:26 PM  
Blogger John said...

Thank you so much to you and all the people like you who are out there everyday defending freedom. Our military guys and gals make me so proud and grateful. I really enjoy reading your blog. It is awesome to hear about what is going on directly from the people who are there. The take we get from the TV is so distorted and shameful. Your post about Michael Moore is just perfect.You are linked on my blog, www.wisgrove98.blogspot.com. Enjoy your time off with your loved ones!!! Stay safe, God Bless and Happy New Year!!!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home